Vince and I work full time right now and due to me having complications when I get home at 6 from getting Wyatt I have to stay off my feet as much as possible. So Vince is pretty much doing the majority of the work around the house right now and trying to balance spending time with us.
We are "those parents"
We do not feel a need to come home and shove our son in front of the television so we can make sure to keep up on everything and make the world happy. We go to bed between 9 and 10 and get home at 5 or 6 at night. Three hours is not a lot of time for things. So yes even when I am at my best I have dirty floors, dishes and/or laundry at night. Our son is only young once.
If our son is having trouble with something we drop what needs to be done and help him. For example Wyatt was a little afraid of water so Vince and I have been working with him along with his swim lesson instructor to make sure he gets it and knows it is okay. Some things are more important.
It is the summer we wanted to do things before July when I could not travel far any longer. So yes we took him on his first camping trip and spent as much time with him as possible outside our home.
We teach our son manners and make sure he uses them. We also try and have him help around the house to teach him responsibility. We know he is only three but we feel he needs to learn now. No we are not drill sergeants and we do have fun.
If he falls we do not run to him right away, we say shake it off and get up. Now if there is blood, we are on it in a heartbeat but we are not going to hover over him every second.
For our family we are together most all the time. Family time is important to us and we want and are there for are children. We always kiss them goodnight and say we love them at night and in the mornings. We are rarely home and when we are busy.
We are "that neighbor"
The ones that do not care how high the neighbors grass is or what their yard looks like. One because you never know what is going on in their household and two because it is none of our business.
The ones who stay to ourselves and are hardly ever outside.
The ones who do not feel the need to complain about the littlest thing to anyone and everyone. Guess what it gets back to that person. Get a life.
The ones who let the grass go if we are needed elsewhere for family things. Side note- According to the city your grass has to be 8 inches tall before you would get in trouble and ours is never close to that. Just so people can get a clue and get over it.
I have come to realize over time that most get satisfaction out of talking behind peoples back and not to their face, sad I know. It always gets back to that person and there is always those people who care enough to let you know whats up and being said. While Vince and I are not perfect we always try, given the situation of course, to compromise if an issue is brought to us in an adult manner. For some that is not possible I guess. So then what do you do?

I see both sides of the story here, but aren't you doing the exact same thing by coming on your blog and complaining about them right back? This "I have come to realize over time that most get satisfaction out of talking behind peoples back and not to their face, sad I know." is not a good line of defense if you're going to do it too. I hope everything works itself out!
ReplyDeleteDear Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your opinion and I do appreciate it. Vince and I have tried to do stuff face to face with these people but it never happens. We are either hit and miss or they run inside as soon as we get home. The rare occasions we have got to talk to them they move on to something else a month or two weeks later. Vince and I were hoping by posting this just maybe that they would see it and see where we are coming from. It is a complex issue and we are at our wits end. Thanks for the input and I see your point as well. I would happily say this to their face given the chance.
I love you guys with all my heart and know you are trying to do the best for your family. Also, because I am your mom, mother-in-law and grandma, I know your hearts, they are in the right place.As a parent it hurts me deeply when others are fallaciously saying things about you that I know aren't true. Of course the "momma bear" comes out in me and I want to step in and make it right. I know you are adults and therefore I should step back and pray about the situation. God knows your hearts and the truth, and that really is all that matters.
ReplyDelete